When you need feedback on specific questions or concerns, call on me for one-on-one coaching. During each phone session, I offer warm, nurturing, and insightful guidance to help you achieve your goals. In addition, I’ll comment on the writing you send. Our sessions will help you clarify issues within yourself (such as courage and momentum) and issues within your developing manuscript (such as how to identify the hero’s mission or how to end the story.)
As your writing coach, I will read and comments on excerpts from your manuscript. And I can optionally supplement our conversations with lessons taken from my training courses and books.
I’ll help you overcome these obstacles
- How to work through fears, create writing habits, build momentum, and sustain energy.
- How and why to face disturbing memories and how to write about them.
- How to develop the emotional arc of your character.
- How to identify the beginning, middle, and end of your memoir.
- How to develop themes that will carry readers on your journey.
- How to find or start a memoir-writing group, and how to benefit from the one you’re in.
Using a combination of coaching, training, and critiquing, I can help you through every stage of your memoir-writing journey, from your initial urge, through the process of putting memories on paper, and developing a compelling narrative arc.
More about memoir coaching
During each phone call, we review your goals and challenges. Our talks offer support and guidance to help you get to the next step.
If you’re blocked, don’t send anything. We’ll just talk. If you want feedback on your writing, submit up to 3,000 words through email. Please submit your writing at least 24 hours before the phone call.
You may email questions and comments before or after sessions. I will respond in email as time permits or discuss your questions during the next session.
To overcome hurdles or learn specific points, I may also provide you with writing assignments, or other guidance to help you meet your goals.
What you get with each coaching session
Each session costs $75. This includes:
- Supportive insightful coaching into your specific challenges, both in your manuscript and in your writing life
- Comments on your writing directed to help you overcome challenges
- suggestions or excerpts from one of my training to help you find structure and guidance
Contact me today to set up our first meeting.